Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gus! Love, Wishes











Wishes' boyfriend, Gus, celebrated his 2nd birthday Saturday (actual b-day was today - Sunday), and Wishes was in a partying mood, kicking up her heels as usual, and even donning a birthday hat. Eric has spent many long hours gentling and training Gus, and all his hard work is paying off, as Gus is turning into a fine gentleman.




Colbert gave me a bit of a scare first thing this morning, as I noticed he was not eating with the other horses, but standing alone, behind the trees. I brought him out, and he seemed rather lethargic, so I tried him on a small amount of grain, but he didn't want to eat that either. Sabine listened for stomach sounds, but didn't hear anything on one side. We gave him a dose of Banamine, and before too long, he perked up and passed some manure. Within 2 hours he was back to his old self, galloping around the arena with his friends. Whew! Don't scare me like that, Colbert!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I hope Colbert is feeling better...he's much more friendly every time I go into the Boarder's turnout than he was when I first met him in the stall.