Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Could Wishes Be a Morgan???






Since Wishes was born at the Shiloh Horse Rescue in Sandy Valley, Nevada, and her mother was rescued from the Fallon Feedlot, I've never been sure of her origin. She was listed as a Quarter Horse "type". She has always been a very beautiful little filly, and I marveled at her curvy body and petite look. She has a thick, long, wavy mane and tail. Her barrel is also long and lean. She has a lovely, easy gate - not choppy, like my old quarter horse. I was told she might have some "Spanish" blood in her, so I started looking at different horse breeds to see if I could find any that matched her description. I came across a picture of a Morgan filly named "Bygone KittyHawke", and sure enough, she looks like she could be Wishes' twin sister! What do you think? Wishes is in the top picture, and Kitty is underneath.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I thought both photos were of Wishes!

Jenny K. said...

I know! Crazy, huh????

mss @ Zanthan Gardens said...

I think it would be cool if Wishes were a Morgan. When I was a teenager and still dreaming of horses that was the breed I wanted. I really love Morgans.