Saturday, November 24, 2007

BOY'S DAY OUT




Today, all the men in the family joined me out at Shiloh. This was Ed's and Nolan's first trip out, and Nolan brought along his best mate, Will.




We arrived just before noon on another beautiful, unseasonably warm day. The guys were all impressed with the magnificent Frisian, Tanis; Dani and Grace ran around petting everything from the pot-bellied pigs, to the goats, donkeys and dogs; Dani rode a tractor; and Ed kept an eye on everyone while I visited with Wishes.




I found my sweet girl lying on the ground, sunbathing and half asleep. I dared to hope she'd let me approach her without jumping to her feet and shying away. Much to my delight, she never moved a muscle as I crept in quietly, knelt next to her and started rubbing her all over. She almost fell completely to sleep in my lap at one point. I just sat and stroked her warm coat, speaking to her quietly for about 20 minutes. Then the ranch crew had to come and administer some antibiotics to "Blue Moon" in the stall next to us (he had a nasty puncture wound on his right, front leg), and the wrangling that was taking place so close to us upset my little girl and she finally jumped to her feet and took flight. It was such a wonderful day, though. Happiness all around.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so glad that Wishes let you get close to her. I'm guessing that, just like with kids, there will be good days and bad. Glad that this was one of the good days.

Katherine said...

Where's R.s boyfriend? LOL